
We were snowed in. We could barely make out the trees in the yard through our 3" of snow. And then the sleet started. No sooner did the snow/sleet hit than all laws ceased to exist. Traffic laws no longer applied, property laws no longer applied. I spent the day chasing a seemingly endless supply of unsupervised youths from sledding through my front yard and into the woods.
By the time Monday rolled around, the roads were a good solid sheet of ice. In Jessie's anticipation of not having to drive to Raleigh with the crazies, we were checking our local news station WRAL, waiting to hear that NC State University was closed. This constant checking of the news brought me to the entire reason for this blog post: The Tarheel Traveler. They were featuring a local restaurant in our very own town: Jones Lunch. And here's how it went.
Jones lunch is our local sketchy hotdog place. And by sketchy I mean that they sell those bright red Brightleaf hotdogs I mentioned a while back.
I'll leave you with a re-enactment of my first ever trip to Jones lunch. It went a little like this...
Waitress to Jason: What can I get ya?
Jason: I'd like a chili dog.
Waitress (with a confused look): Do you want a chili dog or a hotdog with chili on it?
Jason (with a confused look): I don't understand the question.
Co-worker/local Wayne: A chili dog is just a hotdog bun with chili in it.
Jason (still confused): I guess I want a hotdog with chili on it then.
Wayne to waitress: He's not from around here.
Wayne may have saved my life that day.
2 comments:
I love it! Reminds me of the coast. It's like that here. By the way, I hear you're getting some hot chicks soon. Make sure you post pictures. Mary
I am so far behind on my blog updates. This one made me laugh! You can't beat a hot dog, chili or not, during a winter storm.
Post a Comment