Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Holidays - A pictorial summary

While thumbing through the pictures on our digital camera, trying to find those Jessie took to illustrate my kitchen sink repair prowess (stay tuned for that one!), I noticed something. All the photos, of which there were few, that we took in Spokane this Christmas and at home on New Year's Eve were also still on the camera. Well, now that we've had a few weeks to regroup, shake off our jet-lag, and get back into the swing of things, I thought I'd go ahead and offer up our pictorial summary of the trip. Before I start with the photos, let me just say that we had a great time in Spokane and though we didn't get to see everyone I would have liked to, I'm really thankful we got to see as many folks as we did. So, without further ado...

December 19 - Las Vegas Airport
This was apparently Jessie's first try at gambling. We had $20 total so we each took $10 and hit the machines. Jessie's feeling towards gambling: Complete waste of money; Jason's feeling towards gambling: kind of fun, but mostly a waste of money.

The Anticpation


The Defeat


The Final Results


December 21 - The Ice Palace
On the 21st, we got together for a delicious lunch with the McMurterys and then headed out for some ice skating. Jessie determined it had likely been since high school that she had been on a pair of skates and I suspect its been at least since the University of Idaho days for me. The results were good, Jessie fell once and Jason fell...not one bit. We had a great time skating around with Jeff and Monica and their son Jamie.



Dec. 27 - The Snow
There was concern as we prepared for our return to NC. The state had been hit by enough snow to shut down just about everything and many flights were being canceled. We decided to try and make it home anyhow and were lucky enough to do so without incident. Here was the scene at the Moanstead; those were some confused chickens.



December 31 - New Year's Eve
New Year's Eve around the Moanstead has typically consisted of an evening tourney of a slew of board games and this time around was no exception. Jessie was the overwhelming victor and even nearly made it all the way till midnight. I leave you with the scene at 11:29:45 pm, December 31.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog...i am reading it this morning from my own home computer and with 7 inches of snow...yea!
love mom/nanci

Austin said...

As it turns out, we were in Vegas at the same time. Maybe next year we can coordinate if you have a significant layover. Or, maybe we all just need to organize a reunion...

Andy Beck said...

Looks like a great trip! Glad you all made it home safely.