I'm sure Jessie has a chronological order to how she wants things posted on here...but she is elsewhere...so sit down, relax, and let me tell you a little story about our house.
It leaks. In the almost 11 months since we bought the house, nearly everything that could leak has leaked. And each and every leak lends itself to a story of how I, Jason, prevailed against all odds to put our house back together again.
First there were the outside faucets. This is how I got my first taste of plumbery. And despite my distaste for plumbery, we have grown to respect one another. I would say that thus far the leaks and I have been fairly evenly matched. Some fixes were tougher than others and some were more expensive than others. I replaced both outside faucets - Success. I fixed both leaking toilets - Success. I fixed both bathroom faucets (Via replacement!) - Success. I fixed the leaking kitchen sink drain (Individual post to come) - Success.
And then there was the porch roof. "Fixed." "Wait, no...now it's fixed." "Huh, sure thought I had it last time." "Fixed?" Months go by. Still leaking. And then it stopped...and I declared it fixed. And then it rained 0.5" and still it was fixed. Then 0.51", and it was no longer fixed. I gave it one last chance and with the nearly 4" of rain we got last week it did not leak. After spending an inordinate amount of time on the roof and at least three tubes of sealant, I have declared the roof fixed! Jason 1: Roof 0. Let that be a lesson to any other leaks thinking of popping up.
1 comment:
I have a leaking problem I need fixed this summer. Occassionally, we have a leaky diaper in the house. I have tried unsuccessfully for 9 years to fix this type of leak. Your record is impressive. I challenge you to fix this leak.
Post a Comment