Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

One more for the road

Thought I'd throw this in while I'm already here.

We talk an awful lot about the garden and the chickens, so I thought it might be helpful to have a photo for reference. This was taken while I was on the roof cleaning gutters a while back. That's the chicken coop and run in the front right corner.

And here's the stats:
Garden: ~700 Square feet
Chicken Run: ~130 Square feet

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright! Look at that hawk-proof chicken run. My last bird recently succombed to the great cycle of predator-prey relationships. The yard feels vacant, but fear not...after a short rest rotation I will have birds again. After all I have the infrastructure in place so might as well use it, not to mention I will miss that awesome homemade fertilizer.

-paul d.

Anonymous said...

That is fabulous! I want one. MY friend Ann is getting bees soon. I want bees, chickens, goats and blueberrys. Love mom

Austin said...

Great looking spot! Nelli and I have been talking about getting chickens for quite some time. Any tips on coop design? Anything you're especially glad you did, or that you'd do differently next time?