And en masse, they look like this.
And the pollen goes everywhere and covers everything. Here's the neighbor's pine pollen cloud sweeping across the neighborhood. It may be kind of hard to see, but in the background of the photo it looks hazy or maybe smoky, but that's a pollen cloud, I assure you.
Here's a few shots of nature's adaptations to the pollen onslaught.
Mama makes pollen angels on the back porch. Apparently, she was sitting in nearly the exact same spot but facing the other direction at some point.
Jason writes sweet nothings on the porch.
and last, but not least...
The important part of this photo is the faint line across the middle. This spans a good 15+ feet across the driveway. I thought some water had run across the driveway after I watered the flowerbeds, but I was wrong. Ants made this track. I know you can't see them and I could not get a good photo, so please believe that the arrows below point to ants meandering along their trail.

I'm the only member of our household who is unphased by the pollen. The cat, despite her incessant want to go out on the porch, comes in with watery eyes. The chickens are sneezing regularly. And Jessie. Well, she goes to great lengths to make sure she gets to play outside too.
2 comments:
Oh Bless your heart....I am miserable for you...and for mama and I am glad jason can take care of both of you....love mom
Ok, I have never experienced pollen like this before. That is pretty incredible. Definately a great science topic to explore with the boys up here in comparison to your neck of the woods.
Post a Comment