Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Tomaters and things to come

So it appears we have been lazy bloggers for a little over a month now and for that I apologize. We have, in fact, been up to some very bloggable things such as our recent trip to the Ozark mountains of southeast Missouri. However, due to our camera envy, we were a bit insecure about our little ol 6 MP point-and-shoot and so depended upon my brother and sister-in-laws' fancy picture taking. When we receive their photos I can assure you a trip review will be posted. Here's a little teaser of things to come: Stag beer, a slew of Barnes', guitar-pickin' (that's guitar with a heavy emphasis on the first syllable), Jason nearly catching the Missouri state record Smallmouth bass, and navigating a slightly less stable canoe than my own through the Ozark National Scenic Riverways.

What I have for you today, complete with picture, is our grand champion Cherokee Purple tomato (thus far anyway). Just a few other interesting notes on the garden. We have had no problems with tomato hornworms this year and the number of Japanese beetles is but a fraction of what it was last year. I attribute the decrease to this. Enjoy our tomato.


What's next, you say?

Well, fear not, loyal Moanstead fans (if such a thing exists)...we are rapidly finishing up an awesome desk for the "office" here. And it's pure hickory! Have Jason and Jessie met their match? Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Missouri Home said...

You are so needy. I will send pictures soon enough. Just keep your pants on.