Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Game on!

As a contender in, and possibly the entire cause of, the November: No Razor Beck(ish) Family Beardathon '012, I felt I should give a little of my own commentary on the start of this epic competition. Luckily, fellow contender and beard newbie, Andy, has posted a nice synopsis of the event: read it here. My take on this event may differ from that of the other two competitors, for you see, I am generally bearded and they are not, not entirely at least. And as you can see in the link, we decided to start with a clean shave. Here is what a freshly shorn Jason looks like these days.


Now this is not the first time I've shaved my beard this year, but it has been at least 6 months. Long enough, it turns out, to cause my co-workers to do a double take and ask "what happened?". And despite my perfect enunciation of a "beard growing contest", not one but two of my co-workers decided to hear "beer brewing contest". That sounds nice, perhaps another time.

Andy has had a goatee for a reported 10 years and he noted a few of his observations upon shaving said goatee. I thought I'd offer up a few of my own.

1. Inevitably, I have had a beard during the hottest time of the year and shaved it off just in time for our first frost. My face is not ready for such temperature extremes.

2. I, too, have forgotten how to shave and consequently cut the crap out of myself in the process. No worries though for it is the halloween season and blood is OK.

In case any of my competitors are reading this, I thought I'd throw in another photo of the last time I grew a beard...for 22 days. Good luck, Becks.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys are cracking me up!
I bet steve wins! I hope so because i want to shave it off and trim his mustach while he's not looking. can't wait to see you both! nanci

Andy Beck said...

1) Your 22 day beard looks, fluffed?
2) Thanks for the link-age
3) Please don't say "freshly shorn Jason" anymore.
4) Is that cell phone from 1999?

Your beard may turn out to be the best, but Steve's will be the weirdest.