Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Time to buy yer lotto tickets!

Some said it would never happen (self included) and yet the Idaho Vandal football team has started the 2009 season in fine fashion. I am no longer able to track their weekend exploits via the ESPN Bottom 10 rankings. The oft labeled "lowly Idaho vandals" have started this season 4-1 with yesterday's "huge win" (31-29) over the Rams of Colorado State University. Despite my best attempts to stay awake watching the game, I fell out around midnight (at the half) and the Vandals weren't lookin' too hot. This was the first Vandal football game I've been able to/been interested in watching in years.

This game was broadcast on ESPN U and the Vandal faithful had some interesting signs/banners to show the nation. The two most memorable for me were a handmade sign that said "Ewe suck" and a stolen road sign that said "Slow Children", with a roughly painted 'Colorado' added to the sign.

I felt I should inform people of this epic start by the Vandals, who have already doubled their wins from last season. If you're a gambler, I'd suggest buying some lotto tickets.

I-D-A-H-O, Idaho, Idaho, Go, Go, Go!

2 comments:

Austin said...

Nice fight song reference there at the end. It's amazing isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I don't think the Idaho team has a good name. Vandals! SOunds like a really lame gang...I think that they should have a name like the Idaho Taters(like the Gators just more carbs)or the Idaho Spuds ( the boosters could call them selves the spudtators) or even they could go international and call themselves the Idaho French Fries (their uniforms could be designed by paris designers) anyway thats my thought and now I have to get to work...love nanci