It's finally here, folks! Behold, the first frost at the Moanstead. Mark it on your calendars. (I guess the yard still looks a little greener than I would have led you to believe in my last unread photo-less blog.)
This morning I woke up to a balmy 31.7 degrees F. This morning Jessie stayed asleep and instead woke up to a balmy 35 degrees F. The frost was no surprise, as it had been advertised for the last week by every news station around. This was the scene at the National Weather Service (that's us there at the red dot).

As an aside, I credit myself with getting our zip code added into their searchable weather database. I tirelessly hounded them and then one day, I could finally search by our zip code. A small victory, perhaps, but a necessary one for 27527.
And what better way to welcome the frost than with an 8-day Meat Sale at the local Foodtown. Everything you could possibly desire is on sale this week. Check out these screamin' deals:
I am of the opinion that you never can have too many smoked neckbones. We may need 20 lbs to get us through the winter.
Carolina Packer's "Brightleaf" hot dogs are the pride and joy of Smithfield, NC. So much so that the main drag through town is called Brightleaf Boulevard. Brightleaf hot dogs are no ordinary dog (by western standards). Follow this link to see for yourself.And last, but certainly the most entertaining, I give you...

No comments:
Post a Comment