Well, a few weeks ago, there was a story about a local woman and her 'Infamous Aunt Irene'. Aunt Irene was apparently a gangster in the 1930's. I figured some of you out there would appreciate this story for it's ties to the Midwest, but my favorite part is circled in the image below.
Hopefully regular updates about news on the North Carolina homestead for those who don't live in the Old North State.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
It's somewhere in the midwest
Every Wednesday we get a free newspaper, the Garner-Clayton Record. The paper is one section total and includes some local human interest stories, local politics, overly long wedding/engagement announcements, and all the high school sports you could ever want to read about. We even get to read about the local spelling bee champions, of course not during the off-season.
Well, a few weeks ago, there was a story about a local woman and her 'Infamous Aunt Irene'. Aunt Irene was apparently a gangster in the 1930's. I figured some of you out there would appreciate this story for it's ties to the Midwest, but my favorite part is circled in the image below.
Well, a few weeks ago, there was a story about a local woman and her 'Infamous Aunt Irene'. Aunt Irene was apparently a gangster in the 1930's. I figured some of you out there would appreciate this story for it's ties to the Midwest, but my favorite part is circled in the image below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I knew Irene, she taught me every thing I know about robbing and looting and general pillaging!
I wish I could have met Irene. She sounds swell.
Post a Comment