Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Local paddlers achieve mediocrity!

That's right ladies and gentleman. Jessie and I recently returned from our second annual New River Canoe Race near Jefferson, North Carolina. The map below shows the approximate location of the race start.


View Larger Map

As some of you may know, Jessie and I are incredibly competitive...as evidenced here.




In last year's race, we took 3rd in the Mixed Novice class. This is admirable until I tell you it was out of 5 and the 1st place person got disqualified. Because of our epic first year luck, we were forced to enter the Mixed Expert class this year. Our results were a tad bit lower in the standings this year, but a step-up from the bottom. You're hearing from the 8th place champions!

I suppose I won't have a flotilla of canoe-shaped plaques to dust.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remind me not to play scrabble with you two brainiacs.

Austin said...

Jason, you really ought to stop slowing Jessie down so much.