Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

A sight to behold

I was returning from fieldwork yesterday, when I stopped to gas up the truck. As I pulled into the gas station, I saw something I have never before seen. There at one of the gas pumps was a tractor complete with a set of discs for field plowing attached to the back. And this was no new tractor either, I'm guessing it was somewhere in the 1930's range. The man driving it was definitely of that era (at least!).

I stood there gassing up the truck, looking at the tractor at the other pump, looking at my brand-spankin' new fancy work camera and wishing that I was not in uniform and not in a state-owned vehicle. It was a sight to behold. After gassing up the tractor, he drove off onto the four-lane highway that runs through town. I caught this poor quality shot as he drove off into the sunset (Which also included driving down the shoulder of the opposite side of the highway against the flow of traffic).



No comments: