I'd like to start off by saying three things about the picture above...
- The wind gauge is not hooked up so it is possible that there was a breeze. The wind chill may have been cooler than stated.
- This instrument displays time military style.
- This photo has not been doctored in any way.
I had taken down the weather station when we started working on the deck project, but seeing that it was supposed to be getting extra hot, I decided to put the temperature/humidity receiver back outside. You should always place the receiver in a shaded spot so as to not have your temperature reading influenced by direct sunlight. I decided that against the house on the covered back deck should do the trick. On 6/24, we actually registered 100.6 degrees, though the airport never broke the 100 mark.
Now for the explanation of the 113.2 degrees at 9:27am. I was sitting in my office when the phone rang. It was Jessie calling to tell me that the temperature outside was reading 114.6 or so. by the time she got the camera it was down to 113.2. After much confusion, I determined that the rising sun must have been able to hit the outside temperature receiver directly for a short time, grossly increasing the temperature reading. For the record, I ran this temperature and humidity reading through the NOAA Heat Index Calculator and came up with a heat index of 141 degrees F!
Hope everyone out there is staying cool. We'll be sweating enough for everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment